Lighthouse Community Church exists:
- To Live by Faith in Jesus
- To be Known by Love through Jesus
- To be a Voice of Hope because of Jesus
- For the Glory and Renown of Jesus
This mission is founded on the testimony God inspired Paul to speak of to the church at Thessalonica in 1 Thessalonians 1:3, "We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ."
To Live by Faith in Jesus
- Ephesians 2:8-9 is clear that we are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ and His victorious resurrection 3 days later.
- To live in that faith is defined by Jesus in Luke 9:23 when we die to ourselves and follow Him.
To be Known by Love through Jesus
- 1 Corinthians 13 provides us with a clear understanding of how God defines love.
- We are able to love the way God commands us to because God loves through us as we abide in Him and He abides in us according to 1 John
To be a Voice of Hope because of Jesus
- Ephesians 2:5-7 tells of the victorious hope we have in our secured, glorious, and eternal life because of Jesus.
- It is now our duty to tell others that as Paul did and claimed that stewardship of the gospel in Colossians 1:25-28.
For the Glory and Renown of Jesus
- As we read in Isaiah 43:7, God, in His all-surpassing wisdom, created us to make His glory and splendor known.
- According to 1 Corinthians 10:31, we are to do this in all things.